Thank you Harlingen for a great event!
Donation will be accepted until December 31, 2018.
|The 2018 Walk to END Lupus Now & Fun Run ~ Harlingen is the Lupus Foundation of America Texas Gulf Coast Chapter's 4th annual walk fundraiser serving the greater Rio Grande Valley region. Proceeds from this event support programs such as Education and Outreach, Direct Services, Research and overall support of the lupus community in the Texas Gulf Coast Region.|
Multiply Your Power Walk and fundraise with supporters from the entire Texas Gulf Coast region to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. The Walk to END Lupus Now & 5K Fun Run ~ Harlingen is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family including the family dog!
Why Should You Participate • More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life-threatening.
• Lupus has no known cause and cannot be cured. It is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed diseases in the world.
Get started today! 1. Register for the Walk.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. We suggest about $300, minimum.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising money. Set up a personal page online to email to everyone you know. Inform everyone you communicate with, including all social networking media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and let them know you are participating in the Walk to END Lupus Now and ask for their support. Have your Facebook friends post the event on their wall.
5. Walk with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Texas Gulf Coast participants on October 20th. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the Walk. Post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until December 31st to continue raising funds.
7. Win Great Prizes! The top three fundraisers will win great prizes on event day. Stay tuned for contests and prizes throughout the fundraising season!
Parking Pendleton Park
T-Shirt Pickup T-shirts will be available for pickup during check-in, beginning at 7:30am at Pendleton Park.